RFSL, the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Rights, is a non-profit, membership-based organization founded in 1950. RFSL’s vision is a society where diversity, and respect for diversity, is the norm. The federation has around 8.000 members, 36 local chapters all over Sweden and a broad national program. RFSL strives to be a diverse and inclusive working place.
Our international work is deeply rooted in long time experience from advancing LGBTQ rights nationally. RFSL’s international unit has a broad capacity building program and is engaged in advocacy work within the UN. We support partner organisations in Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Southern Africa and Eastern Africa in their work on national and regional level. In such partnerships RFSL contributes to capacity strengthening, experience exchange, accessing international platforms and act as an intermediary financial partner.
As our international work is expanding we are recruiting a Program Manager for our work in Ukraine. The Program Manager will be part of the international team, based in Stockholm and report to the Director of international programs. Extensive traveling to and working from Ukraine will be required in this position (approximately 50% of the working time).
The Program Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the capacity strengthening parts of our program in Ukraine, which means organising trainings and other capacity strengthening events for activists and organisations in Ukraine. A small scholarship fund for activists participation in trainings or conferences should also be managed by the Program Manager.
- Organise capacity strengthening activities for activists and organisations, including administering mini-scholarships for conferences and trainings.
- Conduct needs assessments and plan the content for trainings, agreeing with trainers and ensuring quality of the events,
- Evaluate activities, report on the results of the capacity strengthening activities supported
- Take care of all logistics and admin of trainings including financial reporting of costs.
Qualifications and experience
- Be strongly committed to working for human rights and equality and share RFSL’s values.
- Degree in international relations, political science, or other social sciences or equivalent qualifications obtained through relevant work experience.
- At least two years of work experience in a national or international non-governmental organization.
- Proven track record of organising trainings and other capacity building events for civil society activists.
- High administrative capacity including NGO project management capacity.
- Experience from working with LGBTQ rights and the lived realities of LGBTQ persons in Eastern Europe is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) and Ukrainian or Russian. Basic knowledge of Swedish is desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
The function is based in Stockholm although extensive travelling will be expected (approximately 50% of the time). As we need the candidate to be able to start the position as early as possible we will for this position prioritise applicants who are already eligible to work in the EU. We offer an open ended full-time position, with a 6 months probation period. A collective agreement is in place.
We welcome your application with a letter and a CV (max 3 pages) by November 10. Use the mail address: email@example.com and mark the mail with Program Manager Ukraine.
If you have any questions about the function you are welcome to e-mail our Director of International programs, Marie Månson, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representative is Kristina Ullgren, e-mail: email@example.com