Many of the people who contact Newcomers need help with everything from legal advice to meeting their most basic needs, such as food, medicine, or somewhere to stay. Your contribution makes a difference!
LGBTQ people are sometimes forced to flee from their home countries because of persecution by authorities, society, or family. At the same time, it is becoming harder to be granted asylum in Sweden and many LGBTQ people are refused, even though they have a documented need for protection and are then forced to hide to avoid deportation.
The Migration Agency and the Migration Court sometimes justify the refusals by stating that it is possible to live in secrecy in one’s native land, without anyone having to know one’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This is contrary to the intention of the Swedish law and is not a reasonable alternative! No person should have to hide their identity, or be forced to live under threat, and in fear of what could happen if their identity is revealed. Many of the people who are deported disappear, are tortured, imprisoned, or killed.
There is a great need and you can make a difference by showing your support!
Make a Donation
At the RFSL Fundraising Foundation’s website, you can make one-off donations or become a monthly donor to Newcomers.
50, 100, 200, or 1,000 Swedish crowns can make a big difference!
Become an RFSL Member
RFSL works for LGBTQ rights and everyone who supports LGBTQ people’s rights is welcome to become a member.
- As a member, you support RFSL’s LGBTQ political advocacy work at local, national, and international levels.
- Every member means a stronger voice and greater strength in supporting RFSL to make a difference.
- As a member, you are updated about LGBTQ issues.
- RFSL encounters strong opposition from homophobic, biphobic and transphobic forces in Sweden and internationally, and needs more friends and allies to take a stand with us.
- You can contribute to and influence RFSL positively.
Telephone: +46 (0)73 509 17 27